The St. Joseph County Parks and Recreation Department is working to implement intiatives in the county to encourage our local youth to get outside and experience the natural world around them. Spending time in nature can help children find a sense of freedom and serenity that is often missing in their everyday lives because of a constant connection to technology.
Why are County Parks important?
- Studies show that being outdoors improves health and wellbeing. St. Joseph County Parks encourage healthy lifestyles by being available for a variety of recreation all year round.
- Parks are shown to be one of the top three factors in the quality of life of a community.
- Green spaces promotes conservation of natural resources, protects natural habitats and helps to improve water and air quality.
- County Parks bring visitors! Tourism is great for our local economy.
What's Coming up at our County Parks ...
- The Parks Department is currently working on new programming and more Park events! Check back for updates or 'LIKE' our Facebook page to see what's new.
The St. Joseph County Parks & Recreation Department strives to offer beautiful, natural parks for our residents, visitors and wildlife. Our goal is to provide the public with outstanding recreational experiences, in parks that make the most of and protect our unique natural resources. We hope you will visit often and enjoy our county parks!
ACCESSIBILITY: St. Joseph County Parks will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate special needs. Please contact us five working days in advance if special accommodations are requested. Park services are open to all without regard to race, color, national origin, sex or handicap.
PARK HOURS: St. Joseph County Parks are open daily from dawn to dusk.