Position: Park Attendant – Seasonal Positions
Hours: April-September, 20-40 hours/week
Posting Date: 02/04/2019
Collect entrance fees, provide general park information to the public and perform light
maintenance duties such as mowing, trimming, lifting of 70+ lbs., painting, cleaning restrooms and
picking up garbage. Must be attentive to detail, especially when handling money. Variable hours.
Evenings, weekends and holidays will be required.
- Proficiency in math
- Ability to communicate effectively with park patrons
- Ability to work as a team player
- Ability to operate departmental vehicles with standard transmission – may include tractors and/or
- Some positions may have grounds/maintenance focus – previous related experience is a plus
- Valid Michigan’s Driver’s License required
- Drug testing is a requirement of this position
- Hours range from 20 to 40 per week depending on position
- Daily schedules vary from park to park and is dependent on the weather – some positions may
require early morning arrival or working past sunset
- Working weekends and holidays is required
The qualifications listed above are guidelines for selection purposes; alternative qualifications may be
substituted if sufficient to perform the duties of the job.
St. Joseph County, Michigan is an equal opportunity employer.
BACK TO EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
Ready to apply? Visit our How To Apply page for instructions and documents.